Thursday, February 12, 2009

Potty Training!


Friends I think we have done it!  We have had potty training success.  After many weeks, tears (from both me and Luke), several bottles of carpet cleaner Luke has successfully worn big boy undies for two days with no accidents!  Last Wednesday he pooped out his diaper and up his back and at that point I was finished with diapers.  He's almost 3 and I was done with that mess!  


On a side note, I keep calling Luke's big boy undies, his panties and it freaks Paul out.  Now Luke started calling them panties and that's got Paul really mad.  So, I'm trying to be very purposeful in calling them undies or underpants. I swear, it's not on purpose that I call them panties! So far, the majority of undergarment in the household belong to the females and have been panties.  Alanna strolls into our room buck-naked, "mom where are my panties?"  This conversation always blows my mind.  How do you not know where your panties are?  You took them off - where did you put them and why are you naked at 2 in the afternoon?  "I was hot."  The excuse will pass for now - but it's not going to fly when she's 16 and her horn-dog boyfriend is over.  If she comes and asks me where her panties are - heads are going to roll!

Back to Luke - I know we are not completely out of the woods yet.  But we are finally seeing progress and I am so proud of my little man.  He's growing up!

2 comments:

jered said...

This post made me laugh. Quite a bit.

Sincerely,
Father of a boy with "big-boy pants"

Missy said...

I found your blog!

It's exciting to see other mom's blogging!

Yay!