Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Raining

Our house was auctioned yesterday.  It was a sad day for Paul and I.  It made everything really final for us.  It was a day of mourning.  When you picture your life - foreclosure and job loss is not part of the picture.

BACK STORY:
Paul is a teacher in California and last year due to budget cuts, Paul was laid off.  This has happened for the last 3 years but Paul has always been re-hired in the Fall.  I don't know if you know this  but the US (and CA) economy isn't doing too well right now.  It's been on the news a little bit.  The wise people of the CA State government have decided the best way to fix CA is to lay-off teachers and have major budget cuts to the education system.  So here we are a year later and Paul has been without steady employment.  He has been substitute teaching but with so many laid off teachers, work has been, let's just say, not consistent.  He even tried his hand at selling used cars!  ROUGH is the word I would use to describe this last year and yesterday was the icing on the cake.  

It was strange for us that yesterday was so cold and raining - it felt like God was crying with us. It was oddly comforting. When I woke up this morning the sun was shining bright in my window. I felt an in break of hope and that we were going to get through this and that God was going to be with us walking us through everyday.  I'm sure my emotions will change a hundred times over the next couple weeks as we pack and move.  But I know that we can do this - we will survive - we will be victorious!

1 comments:

Missy said...

I am so sorry that this is happening to you guys but I know that for everything there is a reason. I will be praying for you guys. May God pour blessings over you!