Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving love

Happy after Thanksgiving everyone! It's over and I'm still having a hard time finding the point of the holiday. Yeah, I get the whole be thankful thing but the day never ends up that way. It's more like a stress, cook, yell at the kids, burn my finger, hurry up and get there, wash a ton of dishes, feel sick kind of day. In the middle of it all, we sacrifice a turkey to show our gratitude for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

Anyway, after all was said and done I did have a nice day. I really love my family and I love spending time with them. It felt very iconic... My husband was asleep on the floor with a football game on, my daughter was running around and me and the other ladies were sitting around the table eating pie (I won't tell you how many servings) and talking about having babies, husbands and cooking. I flashed back to when I was a kids and I saw my parents doing the same thing and thinking how boring they were just sitting around talking. I'm sure before I know it I will be the grandma talking about how things were in my day.

Maybe next year I won't stress as much about the mash potatoes and stuffing and will take a little more time to give my kids a hug. Then again, probably not.

0 comments: