Friday, January 26, 2007

Hello Mortgage!

After 8 long years of apartment living we are finally buying a house! We couldn't be more excited about it either. It's so cool and so huge all at the same time. We are moving to downtown Bakersfield and are a part of an urban redevelopment project. We have a tiny yard (makes Paul very happy he doesn't have take care of a big lawn) but a supercute house. It's 4 bedrooms, 2 story, 2 and 1/2 baths. It's perfect for our family. It's only a couple blocks away from our church and about a mile away from Paul's school. It's currently being built and should be finished in about 3-4 weeks. I'll post some pictures very soon. We're busy buying furniture and trying to pick out paint colors and all that jazz.

I have discovered that my taste is more modern then I thought I was. Not very easy to find - traditional and french country is everywhere! I don't want roosters and overstuffed couches. So, we are really busy packing, cleaning out closets, shopping, etc.

Thank you to everyone that has prayed for us for this to finally be a reality. We love you all!!!!

0 comments: