Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fat and Glittery

It's time to start working off this baby weight. Luke's 7 months now and I can't be a fatty forever. I'm also going to be a bridesmaid in July and I do NOT want to be "the fat one".

I have crossed into having to wear "Women's" fashions. There is something I really don't understand about fashions for the larger woman. In an attempt to look younger, hipper designers have decided to encrust big-girl jeans and shirts with lots of glitter, sparkles, jewels and other various sparkly attention grabbing items. Why if I have to wear the big-girl stuff would I want to draw attention to my butt with jewel encrusted back pockets and glittery thighs??? Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

Back to loosing weight. Here I go and it's a good thing. I'm going to start slow so I don't doom myself to failure. First, I need to weigh myself to see exactly were I am at (YIKES!!) Then for the first month I will stop eating every night at 8:00 pm, no alcohol, start exercising 3 days a week and write down what I eat. I think this is a do-able start. I will use my blog as accountability and update those that are interested in my progress or lack there-of.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Good luck to you with your new weight loss! You are beautiful and have great bone structure... seriously that counts for quite a bit :)

Glad you are blogging on blogger! I am so excited to have another blog to read!

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

You Go Girl! May the Force be with you!
And...yes what is up with glittery butts???
Well, I am there with you. I still need to lose baby fat, and my youngest is 19 months. How sad is that??

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I know it's hard, I've always been overweight, and God had given me grace to do what is best for me, and I've only got about 20 lbs to goal weight! You can do it, and if you need any yummy/low-fat recipes (cheap to make too) let me know, i've got a TON!!!! Love ya, and I'm so happy for you guys, and I'll be praying that you are able to do all you dream for!!!
Love, Sarah Barton