Tuesday, January 1, 2008

EP

I lost it tonight. Not just a little loosing it - I totally lost it.

Alanna is what I lovingly refer to as an EP. An Easy Puker. She throws-up very often and very easily, she has since she was a baby. She vomits when she doesn't want to eat dinner - puke in the kitchen, vomits when she doesn't want to go to school - puke in the cross walk, vomits when she doesn't want to go to bed - puke in hallway.

Tonight was a vomit when she didn't want to go to bed night and once again she puked in the hallway, on the bathroom floor and all over the toilet. None actually made it into the toilet. And I lost it. Now I didn't hit/spank her but I yelled. I yelled and now my throat hurts. I yelled because she stands there and doesn't even try to contain the mess in any kind of receptical. Every time when she starts we say "Hurry, get to the toilet/trash can/bush!" but she just stands there. And I lost it and I yelled - really loud. I shouldn't make excuses for screaming at my 6 year old but it did happen and I HATE that I did it.

I asked for her forgiveness and like children do she quickly forgave me and told me how much she loved me and I told her how much I loved her. She's asleep now...

3 comments:

Jo said...

A friend of mine has a 5 yr old who figured out that if she threw up she could avoid certain things in life, much like having to go to bed. They had to go so far as to let her fall asleep in her puke so that she wouln't do it for the response! Kids!

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone

Mandi said...

bummer jess!! but you are a great mom and anyone in tht situation would have done the same!