Thursday, February 7, 2008

Marriage Retreat

This weekend is the marriage retreat at our church and I am excited!! I can't wait for adult meals, adult conversations, walking on the beach and I am most excited about daddy and mommy special time (I'm sorry was that too much information?).

The kiddos will be staying with Paul's parents. I am very nervous. This will be our first time leaving Luke overnight. I'm praying that they put him to bed at a decent hour so he'll be a normal human. With Alanna they let her stay up till she falls asleep. So she's up till midnight and by the time we get home, we are scraping an over emotional puddle off the floor.

4 comments:

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

ummm.... clearly I am not all that good at leaving messages. I got excited with the "post comment" button and posted the same comment multiple times.

I said, "there's nothing like having to de-grandparent the kid after a weekend with 'em"

jered said...

Heh ... have fun. We haven't left Maia overnight anywhere yet, but she's only turning 1 next week anyway.

As to having Luke remain "normal," I'll share what my younger-but-wiser sister said when I was horsing around with her children before our oldest was born. I had gotten them pretty riled up and apologized, realizing we were about to leave. She said "don't worry, 4 years of good parenting can't be undone by a few years with their uncle. And besides, I'll be an aunt to your children someday, too."