Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Still Twelve

NKOTB Then...

This morning at 8:32, I discovered that I am still 12 years old. New Kids on The Block are back together and were on the Today Show. I was freaking out. I couldn't believe myself. If I am going to be completely honest with you friends - I almost cried. I was giggling, my stomach was in knots and I had tears in my eyes. Time for me to break out the jean jacket and start loading it up with NKOTB pins all over it. I had to share the news with someone and so I called Paul at work. Yes, this news was worthy enough to interupt Paul teaching gang members how to add fractions. I was so excited that my voice went to a pitch only heard by dogs and other small animals. I had to say it 5 times before Paul could understand me and I made him swear that if NKOTB was performing anywhere on the west coast (from San Diego to Seattle) that he would take me to see them in concert. I'm such a freak, I'm giggling now as I write this post!!!

When I get home tonight, I'm breaking out my CD's (I re-bought their stuff in CD's when I no longer had a cassette player), teasing my bangs, pegging my jeans and having my own personal dance party to celebrate!!!
New Kids now
Like a fine wine - they get ever better with age


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. But I have to say, "Hi, my name is Laura and I am a NKOTB fan." :)
The cape is from EliieBelliekids.com.

lovemyguys said...

If they do play here somewhere, I am SO TOTALLY GOING WITH YOU!!! I have a huge knot in my stomach just thinking about it!!