Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!

Today we celebrated Luke's 2nd Birthday (his actual birthday was on May 20th). We did a fun party at the park with family and friends. Luke and his cousin Sophie share their birthday. Both born on May 20, 2006.

Luke is such a special guy. He's all boy and I love it! I had a lot of complications after I had our daughter in Alanna. Surgeries and multiple hospital stays in 2001. My doctor told me that I would have a very difficult time getting pregnant again and it was possible that I would not be able to have another baby. It took 8 months of trying and we were blessed.

I know so many people have struggled with infertility on a much larger scale. I wouldn't even call our story infertility. But, I do have some understanding of the fear and hope/hopelessness when told you may not be able to have a baby.

So, today we celebrated! My boy is 2 (believe me he is 2!!!). Thank you Lord for blessing us with Luke. He is amazing.

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

Happy Birthday Luke! What a beautiful gift you have in your little boy!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday Luke! Adorable cakes too!