Sunday, November 9, 2008

Next

I have calmed down and not so upset. So that's good.

Today was a busy day and worked this morning (since I work at a church, every Sunday morning is work), then dinner with the in-laws, then baby shower for cousin-cousin Laura, then a movie with friends that we haven't spent time with in a long time, came home kids in the bath, prayers and bed.

Doesn't it seem like so many of our days are filled with busy? Just being busy, in constant motion. Rushing! It's the ongoing struggle to learn to find peace and quiet.

Some things that I'm excited about right now:

  • guitar lessons - I am learning to shred!
  • Paul and I teaching at the Plant on Tuesday
  • mentoring an amazing woman
  • cold weather and sweaters
  • Luke being done with his pacifier
  • down comforters
  • painting
  • boots (need a new black pair, broke the heel off mine)
  • discovering & walking in my destiny
  • Shindig Skate Ministry
  • Alanna moving from Broadway Babies to Broadway Beginnings
  • Mom coming to visit December 3
  • meeting Paul's family for the first time
  • starting all my Christmas crafting

3 comments:

trisha loves to paint said...

what are your Christmas craft projects????

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Yeah, I want to know your Christmas Crafts too! How fun that your sweet little Alanna is a Broadway star!
I need some new black boots too!

Glad your are not upset anymore.

:-)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi, you never know who is reading your life's most secret thoughts. Black boots. Winter must be coming.

Alanna and Luke are sure growing fast. Loooks like they enjoy having their pictures taken.

Hope your Mom has a super visit.

What part of NY does Pauls family come from?

Be healthy.

Grandm and Bud