Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kid Life List

Paul and I took a much needed family day yesterday and went to the beach. It was a wonderful relaxing day full of laughter. Luke was very concerned and didn't want me to go into the water alone because I don't "have muscles". He made Paul hold my hand anytime I went into the water. It was wonderful watching our children play in the sand and water holding hands with my husband. Luke is very protective of me and always wants to make sure that I am safe. It's funny even at 3 years old I can see the type of man he is going to be.

Alanna is so adventurous! No stopping that girl. She was out in the waves, running all over the beach and wanting to explore and touch everything. She would get so excited to find seaweed and would bring it up to the shore and pull it apart. Most people (especially 8 year old girls) hate it when seaweed touches them. She is so full of life. I cannot wait to see where life is going to take her!

All that to say, as we were at the beach yesterday Paul and I were talking about all the things we want to do with the kids. Some will be easier to do than others... I know I need to write this down or it will be gone forever.

  1. Go to a fish hatchery - I went as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever!
  2. Go to Colonial Williamsburg
  3. Go to Washington, DC
  4. Take Alanna to a Broadway musical
  5. Take the kids to Corfu, NY to see their family history
  6. Go to Sea World
  7. Go to Hawaii and go snorkeling
  8. Go to Alaska
  9. Go to San Diego Zoo
  10. Go to the Grand Canyon
  11. Take the kids snowboarding
  12. Go to an NFL game - preferably the Rams in a winning season (that was Paul)
  13. Go to a Dodgers game
  14. Go to Discovery Center in Santa Ana
  15. Learn to sail
  16. Plant and care for a garden
  17. Go to Monterey Aquarium
  18. Go to Kern County Museum
  19. ????????

1 comments:

Missy said...

What a great thing to do! A list makes us more likely to accomplish things I think...
You've inspired me!

Glad you were able to get away and go to the beach. Sometimes a little beach is all we need :)