Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back from Vacation

I am back from Virginia and my brother now hold a Jurists Doctorate (he's a lawyer)! I couldn't be more proud of him and everything he accomplished. Some highlights from my trip:

  • Staying up till 5:00 am talking with my little bro
  • Watching Ty graduate
  • Seeing my grandparents (they live in New York so I only see them every couple of years)
  • Hearing Sandra Day O'Connor speak at Ty's graduation
  • Touring Colonial Williamsburg
  • Seeing the graves of my relatives Pres. John Tyler, his daughter, etc...
  • Sticking my finger in a bullet hole from the Revolutionary War
  • Wine tasting
  • Yorktown
  • Thai food
  • Korean BBQ
  • a FAT fillet with blue cheese
  • meeting all of Ty's "family" from the last 3 years of his life on the East coast
  • Deciding that I never want to live in NYC
  • Coming home and hearing my kids yell, "MOMMY!!!!!"
Some things that were not so great from my trip:
  • exploding tire on the way to the airport in Burbank (1.5 hrs from my house)
  • Tornado watch in VA
  • Rain - everyday
  • 60 degrees and a summer linen dress
  • JFK airport for 4 hours - way too loud and too much yelling!
  • broken laptop - it's getting a new LCD screen as we speak
  • forgot my camera!!!!
  • Coming home all my luggage went to Houston (fingers crossed I'll have it on Friday)
Paul did a GREAT job with the kids. When I got home, Paul had a dozen roses for me and the kids made me cards. It was the best homecoming EVER! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband!!!

4 comments:

jered said...

How are Alanna's teeth?

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

teeth were good - nice and clean!

Shannon said...

I bet it was a proud moment for you to watch your brother graduate!

Tara Burton said...

Glad that it went well!