Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boot Camp

6 weeks ago - me and my wonderful best friend/cousin-in-law started Boot Camp. I didn't write about it because of my fear of failure. I didn't think I could do it. After the first day, I couldn't sit down on the potty without tears of pain rolling down my cheek. We were tested to see what group we would be put into - Advanced, Intermediate or Beginner. I was convinced that we would barely be in the beginning group and I was happy with that. My plans were crushed and we tested for the Intermediate group. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 4 days a week of tourture!! The worst part was that I paid them to do this to me. I willingly came 4 days a week from 6 - 7am. To give you an idea of what a day in bootcamp would look like: high skips, 100 squats, 100 pushups, 100 sit-up, 100 modified pull-ups, run and sprints. That was ONE DAY!! I almost threw-up a couple of times. Today was our last day. We once again did our fitness test - We tested into the ADVANCED GROUP!!!

Here's my results:
33 push-ups in 1 minute
42 sit-ups in 1 minute
25 pull-ups in 1 minute
1 minute plank
12:13 - mile run (that was an intermediate time but a big improvement for me)

In case you didn't know, I RULE!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Those are awesome results. Great job!