Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Shack and other things

Wow! It's been a long time since I have written anything. I feel like a lot has been happening and at the same time nothing at all. Does that make sense? Here's a breakdown of whats going on...

  • I started reading The Shack. hmmm... It's been taking the Christian world by storm. If you haven't heard of it you soon will. And they are making a movie too. I am having a very hard time getting into it. People I have talked to have either LOVED it or HATED it. I have found myself indifferent and having a hard time sticking with it. I am a reader and will usually finish a book in a couple of days. This one is taking me awhile. I'm not going to give up on it. I'll finish it and then form my overall opinion of the book.
  • I got a MacBook. It's a huge adjustment to me and it's driving me nuts. I am such a PC person that I am having a very hard time with the switch. The mouse is driving me nuts!! There is no backspace key! No home, end, page up or page down. I am slowly adjusting but it's been more difficult than I though it would be.
  • I am starting school in the Spring semester. This fall is too rushed. We are waiting to hear if Paul is going to be back at his school teaching this fall and I don't want to add the financial stress of tuition if we are out of work. I promise I am not chickening out, I am doing this!
  • Alanna starts 2nd grade on Monday! I can't believe it, she is going up soooo fast. I know people say that all the time but it really is true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the delete button on a MacBook is the backspace. the up and down arrow keys work for up and down paging, and u can get a bluetooth mouse with right and left click for ur MacBook and it will work just like on a PC.
blessings,
sabina

Anonymous said...

the delete button on a MacBook is the backspace. the up and down arrow keys work for up and down paging, and u can get a bluetooth mouse with right and left click for ur MacBook and it will work just like on a PC.
blessings,
sabina