Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Confession

From Whittaker Woman's Blog posted this and I thought it was fun. She did not tag me...truth be told if she did I probably would not do it, there's a little rebellious confession of mine. :) But I thought it was fun. Lets do it together! 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper!!  It's too much fun watching kids rip open presents on Christmas morning.  So anti-climatic to open a bag.  And don't be gentle with it!  Go for it rip it up!  I'm not going to save it to use it later or line my drawers with it (sorry Grandma!)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, although nothing beats the smell of a real one!  We switched to artificial because of Luke's allergies and asthma.  Yet another reason to pray for his healing!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving.  I need a little recovery time before we start the next project after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day.  It's the official closing of the holiday season for the Eveland family.
5. Do you like eggnog? blehk... no!  Paul loves it and so it's always in our fridge during Christmas.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was in 7th grade and wanted a suede bombers jacket so badly and screamed when I opened that up.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Paul - so easy, video games.  Done and done.  It makes me a little sad because I don't feel creative about the gift and doesn't take any thought but I know it's what he really happy with.
9. Do You have a nativity scene? yes, a tin punch-out one from Mexico my Aunt Jenny gave it to my mom and my mom gave it to me.  I love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail although now we send out so many I do the picture cards and don't write notes.  Every year I feel a little guilty about it. 

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? my mother-in-law gave me a XXL t-shirt with a picture of a duck on it wrapped in tape and it said "duck tape".  Paul sitting next to me opened a card with $200 cash.  I try not to get caught-up in gifts and compare but that was awful.  I didn't know what was worse - that she thought I wore a XXL or the ugliness of the shirt itself.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas for the classic movie and Christmas Vacation for the contemporary movie.  That movie is so dang funny! 
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December.  I always have intentions of starting much earlier in the year but it never happens 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my family use to have lots of traditions with food at Christmas.  On Christmas Eve we would have a giant manicotti dinner and on Christmas morning we would have homemade cinnamon rolls and eggnog then quiche for breakfast.  After my sister died and my parents got divorced it all stopped.  I thought I would try it with my family but it made me sad.  Paul's family didn't really have any traditions to carry on.  So we have tried a few things to make our own traditions for our family.  So right now, no favorite foods for Christmas.
16. Lights on the tree? HUH? Who does not put lights on their tree? - Agree with Heather!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Church Christmas song - O Holy Night  "Fall on your knees, O hear the angels voices!" tears every time!  Secular Christmas Song "Love, Love, Love" by Dave Matthews Band. 
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?  Depends on the year.  Sometimes we go up to Eureka, CA to visit my mom or we stay in Bakersfield, CA.  This year we are staying in Bakersfield and then going down to San Clemente to visit Paul's birth dad and extended family. 
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?  nope
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? a red star   
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.  My kids believe in Santa (gasp!).  I know their eternal salvation is at stake but they do!  On Christmas Eve they open one present from mom and dad and it's their Christmas PJ's
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How busy everything is no time for family
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  traditionalist - red, green and white
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? ???
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a dog - but Paul said no.  

0 comments: